ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES FOR FELLING TREES
The cutting or felling of trees must be subject to the authorization of the Communal College. In order to carry out this work, you must follow certain procedures. Start by sending a reasoned written request by post or email and a felling request form available at the town hall or on the DAAF website. If possible, add a sketch of the plot with all the trees or photos. If you plan to cut down a large area of trees, you must attach to form n° 13404*01 a site plan at 1/25000 and an extract from the cadastral plan locating the plots concerned. The file can be sent to the environment department. Two copies of the form must be submitted to the town hall or sent by registered mail with acknowledgment of receipt. If you are a tenant, you must first obtain the landlord’s agreement.
THE TOWN PLANNING PERMIT
If you want to fell trees on your property, be aware that the administrative procedures differ depending on the type of tree. For example, you need an authorization from the Communal College (B) to fell trees with tall stems, a trunk measuring at least 0.70 m in circumference and 1.50 m in height.
To obtain a planning permit, here are the files to provide:
- A permit application – form appendix 20
- The environmental impact assessment notice
- A note describing the purpose of the felling and the expected situation after the felling
- A photographic report containing photos of the road front , the plot and the buildings adjoining it as well as the plot or plots opposite on the other side of the road. Three shots are also needed to better visualize the limits of the property concerned and the surrounding buildings.
Are also provided:
- A cover page of the completed and signed plan file
- A dimensioned and scaled layout plan presenting, in particular the orientation, the service roads, the limits of the plots concerned, the indication of the existing trees to be maintained and the location of the tree to be felled.
DEADLINES AND EXCEPTIONS TO THE AUTHORIZATION REGIME
The competent authorities have a period of 1 month to oppose the work. After this time, you can proceed with the cut without fear. If you obtain the approval of the town hall, you must wait 1 additional month while the prefecture checks the legality of this authorization. Display on the ground where the slaughter will take place the receipt on which the town hall has put its stamp.
Please note that you do not need to request permission to cut down dead, broken or windblown or potentially dangerous trees.